Thursday, October 2, 2008

poop as art

Well, last week I worked furiously cleaning, organizing and getting ready for Dan's grandparents to arrive from California for their annual visit. They were due to get here by about 10am on Saturday. We had plans to get together with some friends Friday night who were also in town from Utah. Anyway... the plan was to hang out, head to Wal-Mart for some last minute things and then head home. Instead, I left with the kids and Dan went to play poker with some friends. I was ok with that, but told Dan that I would need to go into town early in the morning and he would have to get up and help out. Well, Saturday morning arrived and I was up early, along with Natalie and David. Natalie and David were watching cartoons and I was off to Wal-Mart. I left a note for Dan with a few last minute things that needed to be done around the house, but didn't wake him, b/c I was being nice and new that he had been out late (2am). But I figured the kids would wake him up soon anyway. On my way home from Wal-mart, I called to see how things were going on my list. Dan had no idea about my list b/c he was in the middle of a DISASTER! I guess Natalie pooped in her diaper and then decided it would work great as a finger painting material! She painted our room-- floor, windows, herself, the bed---ugh!!! And somehow she managed to do all this while Dan snored away in the same room.
Are there any other children that do this? Or is my child disturbed in some way?
Needless to say, when I got home it was a frantic rush to clean up the mess, finish my list and somehow get the house to not smell like a dairy farm!
A great way to start our weekend--yikes.

No comments: