Friday, October 24, 2008

My future Heisman winner!



Well, I got my first call from the principal the other day.

It had been a busy day. I got the kids off to school, then dropped the two little girls off at a friends so I could go to a doctor's appt. Then ran errands, took Lauren to preschool, had a meeting at work... the list goes on and on. Well, after all that, I was rushing home to make sure I got home before the older kids got off the bus when I got the dreaded call. Right away, I was thinking--oh no, what did my kids do. Then the principal proceeded to tell me that he had been notified that David had NOT gotten on the bus AND he was NOT on the playground. My heart dropped...my kid was missing and I panicked a little. All of sudden I remembered!!! I had told David that he could go to the Lutheran, after-school program with his friend, but of course I forgot to call the school or the bus service to tell them. I apologized profusely and explained what had happened. The principal was kind and just said that next time if I remember, I should call. The school and I had a bit of a scare all because of the absent minded mother. Oh my:)

No comments: