Thursday, October 2, 2008

One foot in the grave??

Well, as the last post talked about-- the great grandparents were here visiting this weekend. And I think Great Grandma Phyllis must feel much older after her visit than she did before. Every time Kaylee had conversations with Grandma Phyllis it involved her dying. We went for a walk on Saturday afternoon and Kaylee asked " Grandma, when I am a mom will you be dead?" Another time she asked if she would be dead when she was in college. I just let it slide, b/c I didn't know what to say. But Grandma Pyllis held her own. She said, well we are healthy and in good shape, so I hope we'll still be alive, and always seemed to have a good response. I remember when I was little that older people seemed ancient. Great Grandma and Grandpa are in their mid 80's so I'm sure it looks like they could die any minute in her eyes. Still, it was interesting to hear her talk and wonder about those things. Grandma and Grandpa still travel, ski, walk daily, play golf and play with the grandkids, so I'm sure they will be around for a long time, maybe even until Kaylee has babies of her own:)

No comments: