Wednesday, August 6, 2008


Wow!! It has been a LONG time since I posted on this blog. I started gung-ho, then got caught up in the busyness of life. I love to read blogs and someone recently asked me why I don't have one. I said, "oh yeah, I do have one, maybe I should try again". So here I go.
I just can't believe the summer is pretty much over. We are trying to squeeze in as many summer things as we can-- swimming, sweet corn, watermelon... it will all be gone before we know it. I recently bought a little waterproof camera from Wal-Mart specifically to catch my little fishies in action. They turned out ok.
Natalie (my 2 year old) thinks she is a fish. Her older sister taught her how to go under water and now she would stay under there if she only had gills:) She took swimming lessons at the YMCA and really can move under water, however, the staying on top of the water is the hard part.
The other night, I had to work and Dan took the kids to a local pool with another family. Before I left, I had a bad feeling, but didn't want to say anything to my hubby in fear he would think I didn't trust him with the kids. Well, comes to find out, the whole motherly, womanly intuition thing is real. The lifeguard saved my 2 year old!!! Yes, it seems she decided to just get right in the deep end of the pool and unfortunately couldn't quite "swim" well enough to get to the side. I guess it caused a bit of a ruckus at the pool, but she was ok. Thank God. That is my all time biggest fear--losing a child to a drowning accident. We've had several kids in our area die this summer from drowning and it just terrifies me. God was watching over you little Natalie.

No comments: