Tuesday, November 4, 2008

what a week--part 2




After our few nights in the cabins, we headed to my parents. The weather turned beautiful and warm, so we headed to one of my favorite places. A family in my dad's congregation have a large area of property that they farm and raise cattle. It is beautiful rolling hills with a creek running through it. We love to go there when we are home visiting. The kids play by the creek, in the creek and this time we even went fishing. The kids pulled in little fish after little fish and had a blast. I could spend all day there.

Before we left, my parents watched the kids, and Dan and I had great night away to see Fireproof--excellent movie.
And to top it all off, the kids got to see and pet a wolf. One of the neighbors by my parents house has a wolf pet--96% wolf. He was only 6 months old and HUGE. The pictures don't do it justice. The kids talked about it for days, and even brought pictures to school as proof of their stories:)

No comments: