Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I feel itchy all over

o.k.--tonight I got a dreaded phone call. My son's best friend, who he spends hours with everyday, and just left our house, after hanging out in David's room, on his bed, playing X-Box, has LICE!! God, please let this escape our house. I know it's a common child-hood thing, but I just don't want to have to deal with it. I've heard awful things about how hard it is to get rid of. And I'm itching all over just thinking about it. So.... I checked everyone's head--no sign that I can tell. Then stripped the bedding, pillows, etc and stuck it in the wash, bagged up other things and am praying I can prevent it from infesting the house. I gave David an extra short hair cut and stuck everyone in the tub, scrubbed them down, rinsed with vinegar (I read on the internet that that can get the eggs out of the hair), and blew dry each of their hair (I also read that the little nits don't like heat) hoping, hoping that I can nip it in the bud before the darn things hatch---if they are anywhere, I'm gonna do my best to kill them now. I've heard you rarely make it through raising kids without lice at least once, but I would sure like to try.

No comments: