Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas in Kansas--08








After we had our own little Christmas here at home, we headed down to my parents to celebrate with the whole family. There was snow on the ground and perfectly white--beautiful!
My whole family was at my parents house--15 children under the age of 12 and 12 adults. The big people were definitely outnumbered, the place was cramped and loud, but we all had a blast! My parents have 3 bedrooms and a bath upstairs--so Ben and his family (pregnant wife and 2 kids) were in one room, Joy and her family (husband and 4 kids) were in one room, and Jeremy and his family (wife and 5 kids) were in one room. Then Dan and I with the kids were in the office area downstairs. Fortunately, my one brother has an RV that's been parked at my parents house and the older kids and my youngest brothers--Michael and Daniel (in college) got to sleep and hang out in it! It became the hang out--thank goodness--otherwise we all might have lost our minds:) Everyone had a great time. It's been quite awhile since we have all been together under one roof. My dad was beaming the whole time. He loves it. We were all there for about 3 days, ate a lot, laughed a lot and were happy to be together.

No comments: